View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #13
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I also use IE11 from time to time and it does not cause any problems.

Do these games have a local component? If so then perhaps it is doing something with uPNP, which is perfectly capable of repurposing network ports and causing all sorts of havoc. This is particularly true if they have some kind of local network multiplayer facility.

Have both problems recurred (calibre fetching news and CC failing to connect)? If so, then it is almost certain that whatever it is is blocking calibre's access to your local net.

Have you tried some experiments such as fetching news & connecting CC, starting IE11, stopping IE11, then fetching news etc? That will tell you if it is IE 11 by itself. They try the same thing but adding playing your game(s).
I think I have figured it out, although probably not well enough to create a solution. I can make it happen by using windows task manager to kill the IE11 process. Unfortunately, in multi-player games that is the only way get out of a game without damaging your rating. (You would not believe the number of people who go into these games merely to sabotage them, etc.) There must be some shared process that I'm killing at the same time. I will either live with it, or more likely, drop MSN games...
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote