View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Seems like a stretch calling that a deceptive business practice, unless they can show that they mislead customers into thinking that their devices would be updated to the latest versions. Absent that, who has been deceived?
That depends on the marketing. I've seen ads touting 'latest version of Android'. I'm sure the marketer means the latest version then available-but it can also be read as a commitment to keep the phone updated to the latest version. I'm sure that's nit-picking but isn't that what lawyers do?

As for the time, if it's a security issue then I'd say they're required to keep them updated as long as they allow them to use their network....but not all updates are security issues. The courts would need to look at the specific claims but IMO the companies would find it easier to simply provide all updates.

BTW, they don't need to push the updates to fulfill their responsibilities-all they need to do is provide them along with clear notification & instructions for obtaining & installing them. If the customers fail to install them (as most undoubtedly will) it's not the company's fault.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote