View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #28
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Before giving up with dropcaps and embedded fonts, I had a last try which finally worked. I dumped my embedded fonts (which were a subset created using Font Squirrel) and installed the heavy full ttf regular and italic fonts.

This time everything was OK. The display of the dropcaps was perfect.

So Kobo is very sensitive to both the name and nature of your embedded fonts. Much more so than ADE and most of other readers. Can we say: "If your embedded fonts works on the Kobo, they should work everywhere..." ?
Not necessarily. Sony Reader has an interesting font-related quirk that probably doesn't reproduce on Kobo.

Regarding your problem, I suspect something went subtly wrong in your subsetting process, like glyphs being removed from the file without removing matching lines from the calt table or some other alternate glyph table or kerning table or....
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote