View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
lettuceman44
lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
I hope so, or if it's a design flaw in general, that Amazon will address it in some way. I'm just tired of thinking about it for now.

I'm not a person who was hung up on the contrast/resolution claims of the PW, just the built-in lighting. Aside from the light sources themselves, did you find the glowlight lighting to be pretty even/the same color througout?
It definitely isn't even. You can tell where the light source comes from. For the most part I'd say most of the screen is even, but the top part is brighter.
The light is also a blueish tint. The paperwhite from the videos I've seen has more even light. However on the nook you can completely turn the light off.

I have to say I didn't find it distracting or anything. The only thing to look out for is to not tear or have a pinhole on the screen, that is when the light gets distracting.

The reason I'm considering the Nook is because I like it better than the Kindle Touch, and since I can turn the glow light off it would be any other normal reader.
The Paperwhite is the e-reader I'm really interested in so I'm waiting to see how things unfold with it.
lettuceman44 is offline   Reply With Quote