Thread: PRS-T2 A Little Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
9250 files!!! WHY?????

Even if you read one book a day seven days a week 52 weeks a year it will still take you over 25 years to get through that lot.

I really can't understand why people keep so many books on their devices. It is so easy to transfer books to-and-from a reader so why not just have a dozen or so and add more when needed, removing the ones you have read.

Problem with reader instantly solved.
Seriously, why in the world would you assume that you not only know when, how and where I read, but what size the files are? They could be one-page poems, or a collection of 200 word drabbles. Why would you assume how long it takes me to read anything?

And for storage and recovery purposes, what's the difference between putting a collection on an ereader for safekeeping, and on a USB drive? If I have to evacuate, (which, sadly, happens a lot in bad weather across the US.) I may only have time to grab my cat, stuff him into a carrier (if I'm lucky) and grab my purse and maybe my eReader that's near me all the time. Computer and any other storage drives left far behind. While I do backup off site, what's the harm in another back up?

At least I have that option. An acquaintance of mine had her house burn down. Lost untold hundreds of physical books. She didn't get enough isurance to replace most of them.

Plus, why not? If an eReader advertises that it can use a 32Gig Micro SD card, how would I know it had a file/sorting/index limitation unless I tested it? I find it more than a bit misleading to advertise that they can take such huge cards, but can't handle a fraction of what those cards hold.

And since I routinely keep my whole library on my tablet, with no problems at all, why wouldn't I try it with an eReader that leds me to believe it can handle it?

And 9,000 is nowhere near my full library. Not even close. That's just what I backed the Sony T1 and T2's down to.

So, the question really is, "Why not?"

Last edited by DuskyRose; 09-06-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Can't type, can't spell, normal day for me...
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote