View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
new desktop, original kobo

I'm thinking it was a mistake to try out the new desktop with my original kobo. My kobo was working fine and I didn't use the desktop much so figured it wasn't too big a risk. First I had the issue with the desktop not launching. Today it did launch, so I thought great and sync'd my Kobo. After syncing though, I realized that books would not launch on my kobo device. After trying a few I found that only the preloaded books would launch. After trying a few other things such as uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop, and syncing again with no results, I did a factory reset on my Kobo device. I updated the device settings, date and time etc. then sync'd with only a couple of purchased books in my library. They showed up and would open - good. Then I added a couple of books with Calibre, and they now open - good. But then I realized that now when exiting a Calibre loaded book to the I'm Reading screen, it looks like only a Kobo sync'd book will show in the top Currently Reading row, not the actual last book I was reading. Ggrrr.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote