View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #40
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The next time I convert the book, it uses the setting from the last time I converted the book. Pressing the "Restore defaults" button at the bottom of the screen restores whatever I have in the preferences, or the defaults from the plugin if I hadn't changed them.

A bulk conversion has an option at the top about using the stored settings for each book. The settings are store with the book for the next conversion.
I think that was it, davidfor !
Some of the books had custom conversion options and somehow they were saved based on the old default setting that was wrong.
I noticed in the bulk converison dialogue, in the upper left corner a checkbox, "Used saved conversion settings for individual books". I've just started a 723 books conversion from doc-only to AZW3 and will post back, but I'm 99% sure that unchecking that checbox will solve the problem, finally!
Thank you all.

L.E.
So far out of 20 books about 4 gave an error, but not the infamous can't find wordconv error. So unchecking the checkbox actually mght have done the trick regarding the stored path.
The current error seems to be related to the conversion itself (maybe even a corrupt file?)

Code:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
  Command '[u'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office14/Wordconv.exe', '-oice', '-nme', u'C:\\Users\\Paul\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_koo9rt\\sex7sy.doc', u'C:\\Users\\Paul\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_koo9rt\\lkjg5mdoc_input\\sex7sy.doc.docx']' returned non-zero exit status -14 (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 132, in main
  File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1041, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 241, in __call__
  File "calibre_plugins.doc_input.__init__", line 53, in convert
  File "subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '[u'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office14/Wordconv.exe', '-oice', '-nme', u'C:\\Users\\Paul\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_koo9rt\\sex7sy.doc', u'C:\\Users\\Paul\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_koo9rt\\lkjg5mdoc_input\\sex7sy.doc.docx']' returned non-zero exit status -14
Using a custom column, "Formats" I'll be able to easily identify the books which did not convert (they only have the DOC format) and check them.

Off topic:
And when you think all my effort was only to be able to count words using Count Pages plugin... and yet its results seem so inaccurate (same book converted to 3 different formats in calibre, split to three different ids and counted words ... and the results differe by large, even 5-10% in word numbers... who knows, is it counting empty paragraphs...)

Last edited by rebl; 08-30-2014 at 10:03 AM.
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote