View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuya Cider View Post
Using the image viewer is a good way forward, but it does pull up other problems. Even after batch resizing with mangle, the resultant images load slower than a converted mobi for example, and the image viewer has multiple issues (switching pages often tears horizontally, or leaves a partial ghost image when the next image isn't the same exact size) and mangle itself doesn't post-process images sufficiently for my liking (letter edges are far too soft, whereas calibre sharpens by default).
I believe the severe ghosting usually only happens when switching between pages of different size. This should be resolved by enabling 'Draw frame around images' to make all the images the same size.

Have you enabled fullscreen viewing (pressing F or menu option)? Also, disabling dithering should speed up page turning.

Mangle can't handle converting more than one manga at a time so I currently use Canti:Canti doesn't have a graphical interface like Canti but it can handle cbz/cbr/images and a whole folder tree of the above. Probably the best reason to use this over Mangle is the option to automatically split two-page spreads into two individual pages. For small resolution devices like the K3, this makes text readable in two-page spreads, which appear often in manga.

Canti, by default, takes all the output images and packages it into a PDF. The only problem is that the kindle's PDf viewer lacks a full screen mode and thus the page is always smaller than desirable due to the forced margins. So now I just disable that option and view the images directly.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote