View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 07:10 PM   #28
David Welch
Addict
David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
From a five-star Amazon Review: "When Amazon emails me recommendations based on my past purchase history, I scan the books and download a sample if one looks like it has potential. Once in a while the sample hooks me and I buy the book; that's what happened here. It turned out to be a very intelligent and entertaining read, based on a unique plot idea. I don't want to give away too many details beyond what the synopsis provides: Immortal gods, mortal man, deadly conflict. Except that it's not a fantasy novel and there's no magic involved, just straightforward fiction which posits a particular premise and explores the ramifications. There are so many ways that the story and the characters could have gone off-track, but those pitfalls are avoided. The science is plausible-sounding, and there aren't any gaping plot holes.

But don't think I'm damning the book with faint praise. Rather I'm trying to alleviate the natural concerns some people might have after reading just the description, but without revealing too much. I really enjoyed the book, and I heartily recommend it. I very rarely bother to write an Amazon review to pan a book (unless it really deserves it and I'm upset that it badly wasted my time). Usually I just read and move on. Once in a while I'm motivated to write a review for a book that has amply earned my support. This is one of those times.

So download a Kindle sample and get hooked too. Or just buy it. I think you'll be glad you did.

THE GODS' DAY TO DIE, available on Amazon, FREE for Kindle Unlimited.
David Welch is offline   Reply With Quote