View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 02:57 AM   #104
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I saw an article that said that someone had come up with data that showed that cell phones had caused about a 35% increase in vision accommodation problems, mostly nearsightedness.

I don't know what the baselines were (before cell phones became so popular) or what age groups they were talking about. I don't recall the article saying much about that.
If you go back to the cites I posted, this remains somewhat controversial, but the one environmental factor that seems to correlate better than any other with myopia - better than smartphone or device use - is time spent outdoors (with increased outdoor time being protective).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote