View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Yup, I meant it for Americans, and for readers who are not accustomed to 18th & 19th century expressions, (that "just in case" mode). Folks who don't read a lot of vintage or British literature actually might not be familiar with ague, aught, apartment = room, biscuit = U.S. cookie, etc. (as I have found in personal conversations with fairly literate people, but strictly 21st century).

Shocking, simply shocking...

Truly, the most fun was seeing how much Victorian slang still IS in use. I was bemused to find such antique terms as pig = cop, crib = home, nark = tattle/inform on, SNARK! So all our pride in the modern slang we have invented ----- Pffft!

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 06-21-2018 at 03:21 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote