View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPE View Post
While this technique works, it's better to edit HTML in a text editor that doesn't put invisible characters in edited files. I heard Word does this a lot, and I'm not surprised considering how robust/bloated it is, even more specially for this kind of task which doesn't require text formatting. A better solution for this would be Notepad.
Sorry I disagree. Word does a great job and Calibre fixes any issues when you convert to format of your choice. It's really quick too. It takes less than three minutes to do it using the Styles and formatting window in Word. I use to do it by hand but it's take way too long. If the chapters are plain text you have to do a Search and replace instead but once you set up your options it's a simple search and replace and move to the next Chapter header till done.

Why would anyone care what the book looks like in code?!? Once on the eReader you're not going to notice anything different. It's not going to act slower or faster. It's just going to look better now you've edited it to your liking. I have done over 1000 books this way and never a issue. It works flawlessly.

Too many books to do it all by hand.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote