View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 12:19 AM   #15
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I nominate Why Shoot a Butler, by Georgette Heyer.

This has been on my list for quite a while. Though I haven’t read it, it sounds like a really fun layered mystery, complete with false turns and herring. Also, many Mobileread members mention Georgette Heyer with near reverence, so I thought it was high time to try her out.

The book is available on Overboard, so I hope that mitigates the rather high cost:
Kobo: $13.59 Ca; $11.19 USD; $12.99 AUD
Kindle: $10.87 USD
Ah, this one is in my Calibre, bought when all the Georgette Heyer books were $1.99. I haven't read it yet, so why not? I'll second it.
(BTW, there IS an Audible version, but it's narrated by one of my "avoid at all costs" narrators, Ulli Birvé. So stick with the eBook.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote