View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 03:46 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
At least last time I checked, my (few) Comixology purchases were not shown in my Amazon Content page, and could not be read with the Kindle app. To read with either app, I had to purchase from Amazon. I guess I’ll have to check this again.

The article does say DRM free titles can be downloaded from the Amazon Content page and ‘read locally’:
Quote:
But all may not be lost. It's already possible to display your ComiXology titles in your Kindle library, and you can download ebooks from Amazon's media and devices page onto your computer so that you can read them on a big screen or using a screen reader – which is a life-saver for those with low vision.

We've checked with a few freebie titles, and it worked fine. Titles without DRM could be read locally. Ones with the copy protection couldn't, but you can at least grab them to back them up.
My biggest concern with the Comixology app going away is that the Kindle app does not replicate all of the ways content is arranged there. In particular, there are no filters corresponding to Smartlists for In Progress, Recently Downloaded, Recently Purchased, and you cannot sort by Date Added.

I see that read.amazon.com does have panel view, though it’s not animated like the app (and I think the Comixology web viewer, if it still exists).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote