View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Newspapers are pretty much doomed.

If they can't find away to exist solely off advertising money, they are screwed. People aren't going to pay for subscriptions (print or electronic) in great numbers in the internet age when you can get more news that you could ever consume for free. Especially with people having less free time, more distractions etc. than in the past which drives news readership down overall.

So I've never seen e-readers being any kind of savior to the print news industry. I did my undergrad in print journalism (though switched fields for grad school and subsequent career), and even I have little interest in paying for a newspaper subscription.

Easier to read the newspaper, news mags etc. online, the endless array of news blogs etc.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 02-16-2010 at 04:06 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote