Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Love Story, eh? I recall that the film was very popular, a real tearjerker. “Love means never having to say your are sorry.”

A number of years ago I saw some, but not all, episodes of a serialization of A Town Like Alice. It might be nice to read the complete story. Given the length of the television series I am surprised that the book is listed at only 370 pages.

Then of course there is Lolita available.
A Town like Alice is one of those cases where the television show is superior to the book.

I wouldn't want to go on record as to whether the book or film of Love Story is better!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote