View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #34
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
How is Amazon more predatory than Walmart? Just because someone sees a new way of doing things and is successful, and all the mom and pop stores/bookstores had to adapt, that is predatory?

It is hilarious that the publishers are crying predatory, when they are under investigation for price fixing! I guess that is the opposite of price fixing.
It strikes me as odd to hear about all the B&M vendors going out of business. I have no idea what the greater stats are, but shopping through Amazon has put me hand-in-hand with a lot of small booksellers who've been smart enough to make their presence known. Because of Amazon, I'm doing much more business buying print books with non-chain retailers than I was before Amazon ever existed.

Publishers can gripe all they want, but they're working hard to put themselves out of business and alienate customers. If they're not smart enough to scan and sell all of their copyright holdings, tough. If they aren't smart enough to sell a digital file at a competitive price and prefer to point fingers, that's okay, I'll just check out what Amazon is selling at a non-insulting price. Of course, I'm willing to make exceptions for my very favorite authors, but that's a bitter mixture of die-hard fandom and lack of choice.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote