View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
How can I disable this feature. Because since this is implemented it has caused me to loose valuable and time consuming work. Now I am forced to manually backup, to circumvent and protect my work from the backup feature. For me and my workflow this is a disaster. I perceive this backup file, the way it is implemented, as dangerous.
May I suggest that in the future you review the What's New area before you upgrade calibre. If you had you would have seen the below and understood that it would wreck your work flow (blue) and the method required to disable this feature (red).
Quote:
Release: 0.8.11 [22 Jul, 2011]

New Features
  • When doing a conversion from some format to the same format, save the original file When calibre does a conversion from the same format to the same format, for example, from EPUB to EPUB, the original file is saved as original_epub, so that in case the conversion is poor, you can change the settings and run it again. The original is automatically used every time you run a conversion with that format as input. If you want to disable this, there is a tweak that prevents calibre from saving the originals in Preferences->Tweaks. You can easily replace the converted version with the original in the Edit metadata dialog by right clicking on the list of formats in the top right corner.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote