View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
The red charging light

I know there has been a lot of confusion/discussion/debate about how to tell when your kobo Reader is fully charged, and what exactly it means when the red light comes on during charging.

So here's what it says in the kobo user manual:

Quote:
TIP: Plugging in your eReader to your computer or laptop‘s USB port will charge the eReader. The eReader‘s LED indicator light will turn red when fully charged.
I realise most people probably are aware of this, but a number of people have stated on this forum when the light turns red it indicates that the Kobo Reader is charging, and that the unit is only fully charged once the red light goes off. I've also seen stated elsewhere on the web that the unit is only charged when the red light "flickers".

So there you go.

Unless anyone can find documentation to the contrary, your unit is (suppposed to be) fully charged once the red light comes on. As many of us us know the red light comes on too early, or not at all, but that's another can of worms entirely!
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote