View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
yunti
Enthusiast
yunti began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Best Format method for Scanning and storing Notes

I have a bout 50 folders of physics notes I would like to scan and be able to take with me everywhere, but I'm not sure of the best method as to how to do it and as to what format I should best use and would be grateful for any advice.

Details/requirements:
- Most of the files are equations so I think any OCR is out so these will probably be scanned in and kept as some sort of image.
- I would like to be able to make electronic scribble type notes over them with a stylus etc.. (and ideally be able to turn on/off the electronic notes to see the orginal and annotated notes)
- I currently have an Iliad 2nd edition (but that's not as important as finding the best format for the future as I'm only looking to do this once).
- I currenlty have a Hp 4500c scanner with an ADF for the job so is there any software that will link into this and produce the notes in the chosen format?

I'm looking to do this as a one time only job ideally and may well be using it for 10 years+ to come. So if I have to replace scanner/ ebook reader etc.. to get the job done in the best most effecient way that's fine.
Aternatively is someone knows a suitable service that is provided for such a thing then please let me know (I'm based in London).

It seems like the epub format is the most likely choice and that's seems to now be the chosen format of ebook readers but can it have electronic digital notes stored within that format?

Thanks for any advice any of you may have.
yunti is offline   Reply With Quote