View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Unfortunately it looks as though the change to correct the Add Books dialog not hiding itself on Windows has only partly worked in 0.4.135!

The dialog now correctly updates itself at the different stages of the add process, but has still does not disappear at the end (on my system) although it had been doing so in my original testing of the patch submitted. It could also be due to small differences between my test/development environment and my normal "production" system which ahs no development tools installed. I wonder if there needs to be yet more calls to QApplication.processEvents() ? Perhaps in the main loop where the books are being added.

In fact, on my system at least, the adding process is quite slow so perhaps I should look at having a progress dialog displaying details of each book as it is added like it does when reading the metadata. If nothing else it would be a better progress indicator. Can you see an issues with doing that? I guess there might be an issue if the next level down is not meant to have normal gui access?
Hmm I'm just going to refactor it to be in a separate thread. That should put an end to these issues once and for all.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote