View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Preferences-Save to Disk Template

I wanted to 're-arrange' my Calibre library folder and file name structure to make books easier to manage on my Kindle. I know Calibre can Manage Device and Send To Device, but I like to copy myself

I had been using the default template which uses

... \Calibre\John Gray\Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (39)\Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus - John Gray.epub

i.e. ...\Carlibre\{author_sort}\{title}\{title} - {authors}.epub

I wanted to go with something a little flatter

i.e. ...\Carlibre\{authors}\{authors} - {title}.epub

It seems to ignore this template

{authors}/{authors} - {title}

Q1: Will Calibre automatically restructure if I change the template (didn't seem to)

Q2: Do I have to delete and re-add books to have them fit into the new template (didn't seem to work)

Q3: (Most important) Am I doing something wrong?

Q4: Is there a better way?

Q5: The template only works for making copy using Save To Disk, correct?? And the basic Calibre database folder structure is always that way??

I guess I can live with that.... Never mind

Paul

Last edited by phossler; 01-11-2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: For Q5: Read manual a little differently
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote