Thread: Glo Calibre and Shelves
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Mine always worked on the first pass for collections I thought. Just needed the second pass for the kobo series info field. Maybe it's changed?

Helen
Nope; thats how it has been and still is. The collections work first time as the info required for it is the title of the book and the collection(s) it is in, and those are known when the book IS added.

The Series info however is stored in the database records created by the initial scan done when the Kobo processes the new books when it is disconnected.

Additionally, the collection info is reupdated whenever the device is detected by calibre as long as metadata management is set to automatic; in fact I use that fact for my automared Finished / Reading shelves; I connect the Kobo to calibre, use the Kobo Utilities to store the reading % info, then, without unplugging the Kobo I use the Kobo Utilities function "Refresh the list of books on the device" to update the collections on the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote