Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #113
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Nice battery indeed Thanks for keeping track.

When you sleep your device, do you go to the home screen first? Or just sleep from within the book?
I'm just trying to give a baseline for what one should be able to expect from a unit that seems to be working pretty well. I thought it might be helpful for purposes of comparison rather just resorting to Kobo's battery claims. My guess is they, like most good engineers, might have been a little bit conservative. We'll see.

The battery seems great so far, perhaps a little too good really. But it seems to be dropping faster now that it's getting farther away from the 100% mark. So maybe it'll still end up being pretty impressive, but certainly not as good as it started out. My take on this is that the battery percentage displayed is a far cry from linear(at least on the high end), but this isn't life and death. It's only an e-reader and most of the modern world abounds with USB ports and micro-USB cellphone chargers. I carry a short USB to micro-USB cable in my pocket with my keys and have chargers at home, at my office, and in my car just in case my phone gets a workout during the business day.

I usually just flick the switch to sleep it right from the book I'm reading. I don't manually bookmark either. Honestly, the state of the device shouldn't matter, but I guess we are still digging for the root cause... My guess is SameerH and his crew ought to have a pretty good idea what's happening and why if they've so quickly ruled bad batteries out, especially if it only affects some Glos and not others. Maybe, as someone pointed out, it's a kernel issue or the like.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote