Thread: Glo Factory reset issue
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
You are not doing anything wrong - A factory reset deletes all content on your eReader. This means that it:

Deletes any books you've added to your eReader.
Deletes your bookmarks and annotations.
Deletes your account information.
Resets all your settings (for example, Reading Life and text settings).
Returns the eReader to its original settings.

So the settings for all your books are deleted ie marked as finished and % read.
But it does keep the shelves that I've set up, and puts the books in the correct shelves when I do a factory reset and have to download them all.
So since my Kobo account remembers this, why can't it also remember the other info about the books? (I realize this is a question for Kobo, not you, Willa. But do you know why this is?)
Thanks,
Tom
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote