Thread: Glo Image problem
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
Question Image problem

Hi. I'm an author and I format my own books.

I started out on Kindle, but I always did my formatting in epub format as it gives me far more options to make a decent layout. From epub I can convert to any desired format...

So far so good… until I bought a Glo to look at my epubs on an actual device (until then I had only seen them in apps). Here's the problem: one of my covers (the one of "Gambit"), which renders fairly well on Kindle, looks patchy on the Glo. It's not a picture, but artwork and the best I can describe it is by saying that parts look like a topographical map. The colors and shades should blend into each other, but they don't.

Is there anybody who knows what's the matter? Have you noticed something like this before? Is the image badly designed? Is there a difference between epub-devices in how they render images?

Last edited by Andrew Ashling; 11-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote