View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is a side by side comparison showing the Lightening connector verses the 30 pin connector. The Lightening is only marginally faster. Certainly nothing to get excited about. I think it is just more Apple marketing hype--Apple said it was much faster and therefore it is! Yeah right...
Interesting video. The file transfer was completed in 45.2 seconds vs 49.7 seconds (about 9% faster).

I wondered whether the fact that the iPhone 5's A6 processor has twice the speed of the iPhone 4S's A5 chip would also contribute to that increase in file transfer speed. (Probably not, I guess, on reflection.)

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-24-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote