View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #75
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Those 2 and the kindle DX are basically the only ones on the market; the other ones you got to do a hel of a lot of effort to get your hands on one.
And especially pocketbook and Onyx, their devices are phased out before you even hear of them. They have a new one which is around the same price. $100 less for not having color is about the same price to me.
Some pocketbooks I could get for $279 on amazon, but those models are already phased out (and due to firmware issues replaced by more expensive models).

There's a difference between announcements they make on tech websites, having a window of a few months to purchase them from a local website; and having the device commercially available for all (which is what it looks like Ectaco will do, seeing their other electronic devices they have for sale for many months to years).

Most readers either never make it to the market, or finally get phased out by a newer model, and companies selling off their small stock to fund for the research of perhaps another device, or close the doors on the debts they gotten themselves into while researching and creating such a device.
I already explained you above that color in your case is a drawback not a bonus feature.
Other that color eInk you have no argument for that 100$ more, yet you do not realize that many potential buyers have a problem with paying 400$ for a regular ereader that would offer lots more features.
You keep repeating the "color" mantra while everybody here is telling you that at least Onyx is ages ahead. That was said by somebody who has the device and could compare it with many others.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote