View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaniac View Post
Amazon has bought up eInk inc. some time ago, so they have direct access to the new Pearl and Triton (color eInk) diplays.
(So my guess is, that they might come up with a Kindle featuring color eInk panel next year)
I'm not sure if Amazon restricts supplies of Pearl panels to other e-reader producers in any way. Another reason of PocketPock using the old Vizplex panels might be that they are cheaper than Pearl panels or that they still have a huge stock of the old panels and want to get rid of these before they loose their value completely. But that's all just a bit of bold speculation.
So I understand there are 2 kind of possibilities:
a) Amazon blocks PB buying pearl display
b) PB has a lot of vizplex panels already bought and needs to get rid of them first

For me b) it seems theoretical possible but too stupid.
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote