View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
I got a couple of HTML-ZIP archives (a folder tree in a ZIP file). It seems that while I can directly convert a ZIP-archive if there is only one HTML file in it, it does not work with a more complex zipped HTML directory that contains a bunch of HTML files, subfolders with further HTML files in them, css files and such.
I store "complex zipped HTML" files in Calibre all the time, and have no trouble viewing or converting them. Perhaps you have zipped the directory it's in, not the index.html file and related files in that directory. Calibre needs to see a format it can read inside the zip.

The best way to store is to drag only the index.html file into Calibre. It will follow all the paths and grab all needed files. If it works in your browser by clicking on index.html, it will work in Calibre the same way.

Quote:
When I click "view" a window pops up showing the contents of the ZIP archive.
It sounds like you have Calibre set to pass zip files to the OS, which just opens them with your zip program. If you tell Calibre to handle them, it will open and view the book inside with its internal reader.

Last edited by Starson17; 09-27-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote