View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks for that link. If you simply do a search for "The World's Religions by Huston Smith," it leads to a paperback copy and a "Tell the Publisher you'd like to read this on a Kindle" button. What's up with Amazon's search engine? ...
Yeah, the first Kindle version I found is "not available in the U.S.". Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...I also this week bought an ecopy of the Qu'ran (M. A. S. Abdel Haleem of the translation from Oxford University Press). I've read the Penguin edition (translated by N.J. Dawood) a couple of times, but not this one.
Two monkeys one brain! I'm going to read the Quran too. But comments here and here (I know you're looking at those threads too) have convinced me that I need some background reading first.