View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
I went to check out the book at Amazon.
Thanks for that link. If you simply do a search for "The World's Religions by Huston Smith," it leads to a paperback copy and a "Tell the Publisher you'd like to read this on a Kindle" button. What's up with Amazon's search engine? This is the second time I've run into that problem. The first time was when I was looking for another book in the Kindle Store! The Kindle Store led me to a paperback copy and a "Tell the publisher" button. If someone here at MR hadn't provided the link to the Kindle version of that book, I would have thought it non-existent!

I believe I have a paperback copy of Smith's book, but I never got around to reading it. I just bought a copy to read on my Kindle. I also this week bought an ecopy of the Qu'ran (M. A. S. Abdel Haleem of the translation from Oxford University Press). I've read the Penguin edition (translated by N.J. Dawood) a couple of times, but not this one.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-15-2010 at 10:17 AM.