Thread: Seriousness Spelling contractions
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Well, I discovered, whilst taking a linguistics class, that BYO is *not* an acronym, although many people will call it that. Acronyms must actually make a new word that you can pronounce, and not just initials. Like NEA is just initials (you say N-E-A) and NASP can be an acronym, as you pronounce it "nasp" (like asp with an N in front).

or something like that?
goodness! you are worse than me you old pedant!

Oh that's why you touch children!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote