View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #182
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevalua View Post
Dear Author,
Here is info as requested:
-PocketBook 623
-Hardware type: ep7a
-Software version: WL623.4.4.176
-Release date: 20131028_150736
Re files of these different formats, I just do not see them at all, therefore cannot even try to open them, i.e. I copied a zip file to the device but I do not see this file at all when I try to see it via Library. If I do not see it I cannot open it.
I tried to open your applications thinking there is an internal browser in the application but I cannot open application, the screen refreshes and nothing. I make a long click on Home button to see open applications, your application in not in the background.
I have wifi in this model, eventually we could try to set up things via remote access.
Those version numbers are very close to what I have on my 623, so I'm surprised the program doesn't run for you when you select it from Applications.

zip files are ignored by the Library, so it doesn't work if you copy them to the device with ".zip" appended to the name. Try renaming the file with ".cbz" (since a CBZ file is essentially a ZIP file). For example, my_comix.zip should be renamed to my_comix.cbz. Then see if they show up in the library and can be opened with pbimageviewer.

If that doesn't work, search for the utelnetd thread in this Pocketbook forum, and then download and install that application to your 623. When you start that application, you should be able to telnet to your reader from your PC via port 10000. From the telnet command line, go to the /mnt/ext1/system/bin directory and start the viewer program by hand. If it crashes right away, you should see some error messages explaining why:

PC> telnet <reader-IP-address> 10000
623> cd /mnt/ext1/system/bin
623> ./pbimageviewer.app
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote