Thread: Stuck in a Rut!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #28
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I found Amber to be exhausting. Maybe it would work better if it were not in an omnibus. *shudder*

I really enjoyed Shadow Blade! It's UF with a slightly different twist. If you haven't gotten OD'd on UF lately...you might not appreciate the lack of romance and the character building in it. ;-)

I've heard some great things about Julie Kagawa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Shadow Blade sounded the most exciting. When you are in a rut you need exciting.

The only one I've read is The Iron King and it was pretty good for YA. It's not my favourite genre but the world she created was interesting and the supporting characters were a real treat (and to be honest outshone the main characters).
Thank you both!

Shadow Blade does start out really interestingly, and I expected it to grab me and take off running, so I am surprised that it didn't... I'm guessing (and hoping) that it was just bad timing on my part.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote