View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
I got the Nook Touch.

I definitely agree about the (nearly) useless homescreen. The homescreen is supposed to be the most usable and feature-packed screen, but here it mostly serves as free advertisement for B&N. The unit is pretty wide but I don't mind it since the page turn buttons make it super easy to use one-handed.

Other than that, I think it's a wonderful device and far superior to my old PRS505. I would have gone with the Kobo Touch if it had physical buttons which is just a preference of mine.

That being said, I think the Kobo team is doing an absolutely fantastic job being active and attentive to the mobileread community. If only B&N had such foresight.

Chapters/Borders has definitely earned a massive amount of brownie points from me and this is something that I will remember the next time they release a product. Unfortunately, and despite the amazing firmware upgrades, I think the lack of buttons and the way the Kobo currently treats sideloaded books makes me favor my Nook.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote