View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 04:45 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It took me nine days to read all the stories. Unsurprising for a book four time bigger than most novels. A truly "Big Book".

And I liked them all. The stories varied in tone and style, and represented most of the well-known authors and detectives.

With the Ellery Queen took a while to get used to the writing style, and I still found it a little contrived.

A most enjoyable Christmas read.

What I didn't really notice when reading what that the stories are supposedly grouped by theme.

I also didn't notice that he's topped and tailed the book with Agatha Christie! Hercule Poirot to start, and Miss Marple to finish.

A very good choice for the December book, and I greatly enjoyed reading it.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-24-2015 at 05:29 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote