Thread: PRS-900 Newest Sony Arrived (900)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:56 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I have both the 300 and 505 and agree that they are better than the PRS-600 or 900 as far as screen reflections are concerned. In the same class as the x50 ant T series units. Sony did at least have the gonads to try new technology even if it was not quite ready for the consumer market. By the tie Kindle introduced their first touch screen the reflectivity problem had a solution.
Unless I've remembered wrong, the three Sony x50 series devices, the Kobo Touch and the Nook Simple Touch all came out before the Kindle Touch. I think even the Sony T1 was out before the Kindle Touch (or at least at the same time). Sony didn't lose out on technology, they lost out on infrastructure. Amazon just made it so easy to use their platform.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote