View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #19
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
When I read a list of things people want/need, I have to wonder where they get these ideas. I think in most cases you will find you do not need or even want what you think you do.
On the K2 you can store 1500 books and also back up all your Amazon purchases in your archive on Amazon and the non-Amazon files on your computer. So do you really need an additional memory card?
I have had my K2 almost 2 weeks and have not even had to charge it yet and I read every day on it. I am not even remotely concerned about having to replace the battery. Many devices do not come with this option, like my iphone, which I have had since they came out, the battery is still fine.

As far as the "being able to read in the dark", this tells me you have missed the whole point of e-readers. If you want that, then read on your computer or an your phone. I have never seen a book that was backlite. The advantages of e-ink far out weigh this, you can read in bright sunlight as well as anywhere else for a length of time and without eye strain.

FYI: I have also heard some of the Sony's do not work well with Macs, I am not sure about that but that is what a Sony owner told me.

I think maybe you should see if you can see one in person. The Sony's I believe are available at Target. If you go to the Amazon communities they have a see one in your city at the top. You could also just buy one, try it out and you have 30 days to return it.

Good luck.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote