View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #33
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I don't switch books unless the one I'm reading is just too bad to finish, which only happens about twice a year.
Same here. And when in a series, I may take breaks between books, but usually only fanfic, which are mostly small. I don't find myself distracted unless it's slow or boring. In that case, I just give up and move on.

I have Sony T1's and T2's, and a Kindle touch. I only keep about 400 on the Kindle Touch because I hate the way the books are listed, and I can't keep the Collections from disappearing at random times. So I don't even bother messing with it anymore.

On the Sonys I use the main memory (leaving about 500mb) plus a 2gig microsd card (also leaving 500mb) in the Sonys. They tend to get too darn slow with more than about 6,000 files. Plus, there is a bit of a glitch on opening Collections on the last page that's discussed on the Sony Forum.

I keep my most interesting files on main memory, so if they decide they don't like the SD card for some reason I can remove the card and it won't have to index it. Yes, they can read 32Gig cards, but they can't handle the actually volume you can put on the cards. Might as well stick with the smaller cards and not waste the space.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote