View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #932
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
Thank you for your reply, sorry I missed the other post about the reviews! I'm a regular reviewer and I manually add them on Calibre, a notification (along with the option "don't overwrite reviews if the text exceeds the characters limitation") would be terrific, me and all the reviewers out there wouldn't have to manually add/update the short ones, and be pointed straight away to the books with a longer review.
The discussion was some months ago. Someone complained about partial reviews, so I looked to see why.

If I remember correctly, if the review exceeded the API character limit, Goodreads added some dots or something to the end. As a first try, if this is detected report it and, optionally, don't download the review if it already exists. The latter shouldn't be to hard. The reporting might be as there is nothing that currently reports the status at the end of a shelf sync. It might be possible on the sync dialog (I don't know if the review has been retrieved at this point), but how to show it would be the question.

Again, I'll think about it, but I'm not promising anything.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote