View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #54
up2echo
up2echo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Import List Plug-In - How to import personal comments/notes from csv book list

Hi

I apologize if this topic has already been covered (I couldn't find it), just point me to the right place. Otherwise...

I am in the process of moving information in my Excel book list (in csv format) into Calibre via the Calibre import list plug-in (creating empty books as needed). But I haven't been able to figure out how to get my personal book comments/notes from the csv file into Calibre, sadly.

Even though I can select 'comments' (or 'tags') as a field in the plug-in and the import list plug-in recognizes the correct csv column where I have my personal book comments, that data doesn't make it into Calibre. That is, I can't see it in the main Calibre library view of all my books, and even activating the 'comments' column in preferences doesn't let me see them. For all intents and purposes, it looks like my personal notes aren't imported.

Any help would be much appreciated, but please keep in mind that I have zero experience in programming, "computer language", creating custom plug-ins, etc (I'm probably your worst nightmare)

Thanks!
up2echo is offline   Reply With Quote