View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #18
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
You complain of eyestrain issues from low DPI, and many others have eyestrain issues from backlighting on LCD and AMOLED displays. Different strokes for different folks.
I found I could not use tablets with less than around 260 dpi. I literally saw yellow halos around all text! Gave me headaches. I remember wanting a tablet so badly in 2012, bought hubby a Nexus 7 (2012), but I just couldn't deal with it. Had to wait a year for the higher resolution Nexus 7 (2013) to come out.

Everyone's different, that's for sure! I definitely like the higher dpi on my ereaders as well, though I was able to actually use the original Nook and then Sony 950 without issues. Absolutely loving the Kobo Aura One display though!

Can remember people saying tablets and readers didn't need higher dpi back when, but I really like it! Gimme the pixels!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote