View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 11:30 AM   #450
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
There was some weird non-physical, intermittent "stickiness" to the page turn buttons. At first, it mostly manifested as if the system wasn't getting a button-up event to match a button-down -- when I'd push the page-down button, it would just keep paging forward until I pushed the page up button to stop it, and then my next page-down would be ignored. I asked about this, and the only idea was that maybe autostandby could be involved, but I had that turned off, so idk.

At some point, it mostly stopped doing that, and what would happen instead is that regularly but intermittently (maybe 10% of the time?), page-down would just register twice and I'd see the screen refresh twice and I'd end up two pages ahead. Annoying, but since it didn't seem to be happening to anyone else, I'd chalked it up to some weird defect of my device.

But whatever changed (looking through the changelog, the most relevant thing seemed to be the PR about fixing screen refresh issues on the Sage, which wasn't targeted at this issue, but at least plausibly is in the neighborhood?), now it doesn't do that.
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote