View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There are a lot of misused straits out there (Gibralter not included). "Strait-jacket" is another one that gets abused (a constricting jacket, not a direct one). Likewise "strait and narrow" (the path may very well be twisty, in fact; the important part is that it's tight). Just remember the maritime straits and you'll keep it straight.

"Free reign" is another one: no, it's free rein, though I suppose that has been a bit less obvious since people stopped riding horses and allowing them to choose their own paths. I want to smack people who talk about pouring over documents; aside from the question of what they're pouring, it's poring. Yes, I occasionally get irritated enough to complain to various news outlets -- I even snail-mailed an AP Stylebook to a reporter once!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote