View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 05:24 AM   #9642
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Re: Geo-restrictions on contest codes.
All of my contest codes are won using email with Canadian addresses.

I've just tried all of my contest codes at Kobo's India store and found them unusable (but PERKOPOLIS still works for 40% off).
I went to the Kobo USA store and was successful in using (testing the code, not actually buying the book) all my contest codes (from Canada) on the same book I tried in India. And PERKOPOLIS still works in Kobo USA store for 40% off.

I don't know what this means as a trend for the future, but I'm not losing any sleep over these things. However, as a shopper I'm always looking for the most information I can get.

But these contests are free to enter, and in my experience free-to-enter contests generally suck at giving out prizes (at least to me). Kobo will still be a place I look at when shopping for e-books. I may not buy as often, but that's about all that will change for me. But PERKOPOLIS for 40% off still works, and I won't be using this code 5EBGC4 for 45% off. Using two distinct email addresses, that was the highest code I've won this week.

By the way, I've only ever bought ebooks at Amazon for $0.00 because I prefer to buy native epubs. I won't pay good money for books I have to convert myself, knowing that they may or may not turn out well for me.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote