View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Simple guess

... Continued

I Read some more on How to make dictionaries and indexes

For example, take the search for фунтов which pops up the фунт entry
Click image for larger version

Name:	search.gif
Views:	493
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	100917

Following the logic of my previous post, фунтов which is in UNICODE \u0444\u0443\u043D\u0442\u043E\u0432 must have a <idx: orth value="04440443043D0442043E0432₁₆"> tag matching entry, and pointing at the book position where фунт is defined.

I checked : this is not the case. No value= hidden entry for it.

Opening the dictionary itself and searching for фунт shows the *index* of the dictionary:
Click image for larger version

Name:	index of dictionary.gif
Views:	862
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	100918
and фунтов is not displayed.

So my reasonable (but unverified) guess at this point is that search code in the framework returns the entry that sorts immediately prior to the searched term, if there is no perfect match. As simple as that! This takes care of most inflections without the need of explicitely defining them (via <idx: orth value=...> or <idx:infl...> tags)

But that doesn't explain why wakawaka's other dictionary did not show inflections... I wish I could just inspect it.

Ah well, maybe should I try to decompile the java code from the framework... Looks like a daunting task with the obfuscation and my limited java background.

To be continued...
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote