View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #14
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not loaded. The issue was posed in another thread about how to justify an eBook. With an eBook, there is no "I don't care" option. You have left or full. So the poll I set up is to match the eBook. It has to be one or the other.
There is no "don't care" when making an ebook, but there is when reading. "Don't care" means a lack of interest in changing whatever justification settings were applied by the author, publisher or software.

----
I often prefer ragged-right text because I switch between font sizes regularly; when I'm reading in dim light or when I'm tired, I increase the font size. I would prefer justified text if the software support for it were better--if ebooks dealt well with hyphenation, if they could space out letters in addition to adding space between words. We might see those features in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

When I make PDFs to fit a 6" reader, I justify the text because it's intended to be read as designed. When I make epubs for myself, I usually justify the text because I like the way it looks on the computer screen; the Sony I read with doesn't support justified epubs.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote