View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #415
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Today I realized that my paperwhite was automatically updated from 5.3.0 to 5.3.1 by amazon.

Well I not like it very much that amazon changes the firmware without inform me and ask me for my affirmation. My god even Apple ask if there is an new firmware and do not install it without asking you. Shame on amazon!

But the biggest problem was that the trick with USE_ALT_FONTS was not longer working. Yes the file was there and fonts too, but the "Aa" menu shows not longer my fonts. I also try this ";fc-cache" command but it not helps. Seems that amazon has removed this.

Than I install the jailbreak and additionally I install the newest JBPatch 3.0.0 from ixtab and after the restart the fonts are back in the A"a" menu. It seems that the java classes of JBPatch still include the old code that reads the USE_ALT_FONTS file. Thanks god for it because using my own fonts is the most important feature of an ebook reader for me. Without it I will not even use my Kindle any longer and go back to my old Sony Reader. I don't understand why amazon try to domineer over their customers?
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote