View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
This seems hard to believe, but according to this

http://www.teleread.com/smartphones/...popular-is-it/

More people read ebooks on smart phones then on tablets. Sure I could see that dedicated e-readers are a falling off trend, but I would have expected them to be replaced by tablets not smart phones?
Can I ask why specifically you find it hard to believe? The article appears to cover most of the reasons. With ~1 billion always-with-you smartphones sold in 2012 Vs ~100million often-at-home tablets, it's hardly surprising that phones have an edge. If you look at the existing base it's going to be even more skewed.

it would have been more useful to see a breakdown of reading preferences amongst those who have all three options (phone, tablet, reader) available to them - I often read on my phone because it's a bit more convenient for 15 mins on the train now and then, but for a 'proper' read my PRS505 is much nicer.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote